PROTECTION AGAINST CORONAVIRUS, VIRUSES, BACTERIA, AND FUNGI
SF Sanifog is a novel DDAC that kills Coronavirus.
Didecyldimethylammonium chloride (DDAC) is an antiseptic/disinfectant that is used in many biocidal applications. It causes disruption of intermolecular interactions and dissociation of lipid bilayers. It is a broad-spectrum bactericidal and fungicidal and can be used as a disinfectant cleaner for linen, recommended for use in hotels, offices, domestic houses, nurseries, schools, taxis, trains, aeroplanes, cruise liners, restaurants, gyms, movie theatres, governmental institutions and more and industries.
DDAC is also widely used in dentistries, gynaecologies, surgeries, ophthalmologies, paediatrics, operating theatres and for the sterilization of surgical instruments, endoscopes and surface disinfection.
What makes SF Sanifog so unique is that it is a highly effective disinfectant, yet it has very low toxicity. It is the least toxic disinfectant on the market.
The SF-Sanifog Disinfectant Aerosol Fogger is an easy and ready-to-use, highly effective disinfectant in a pressurised can. Once triggered, the pressurised can empty, producing a fine aerosol mist that will disinfect any closed area of approximately up to ±50³ per 150ml canister within (15) ﬁfteen to (30) thirty minutes and up to ±150m³ per 400ml canister if the room is closed for more than (15) ﬁfteen to (30) thirty minutes. The fog will reach all areas of this environment, offering total protection due to natural air circulation (movement).
SF Sanifog has been thoroughly tested against a wide range of naked viruses. The naked viruses, such as Parvovirus, Circoviruses, Reoviruses, Adenoviruses, and Birnaviruses (Infectious bursal disease virus), are widely regarded as the most challenging viruses to kill. SF Sanifog has been tested and is highly effective against all of these viruses.
Coronaviruses are enveloped viruses. The enveloped viruses are generally much more susceptible to the action of disinfectants than the highly resistant naked viruses. The inactivation of an enveloped virus is much easier to achieve, and SF Sanifog is highly effective against all enveloped viruses tested, including CORONA VIRUS, SARS, MERS, NIPAH, orthomyxoviruses (Influenza virus), and paramyxovirus (Newcastle disease virus).
WE ARE PIONEERS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF SPECIALISED CHEMICALS FOR APPLICATION WITH THERMAL FOG AND ULV MACHINES (COLD FOG) IN THE AFRICAN AND INTERNATIONAL MARKETS
For more than 20 years, Sanichem has been developing and delivering high-quality, high-performance chemicals and application technology solutions to our markets. Our engineers focus on the continuous innovation of Thermal Fog and ULV machinery technology as well as in the development of novel and highly specialised chemical and biological solutions for agriculture, poultry, public health, and other industries.
SaniChem offers cutting-edge solutions for the control of viruses, fungi, bacteria, and insects within various sectors.
Our experienced and dedicated research and development team strives in developing the best chemical and application equipment offering solutions to the most complex challenges.
SF-Sanifog Disinfectant Aerosol Fogger was developed from the tried and tested efficacy of BacAtac (Reg. no. GNR529 of Act 29) for the efficient control of all pathogenic micro-organisms.
The new SF-Sanifog Disinfectant Aerosol Fogger will significantly assist in the control of harmful micro-organisms, wherever they occur. The application method is simple and easy, thought the activation of the top nozzle. Once activated, it disperses the disinfectant fog that efficiently covers all areas to be treated, ensuring coverage to challenging areas to reach.
SF-Sanifog Aerosol Fogger is highly effective against a wide range of bacterial pathogens such as Listeria monocytogenes, various Vibrio species, Campylobacter species, Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, multiple species of Bacillus and Clostridium (both vegetative cells as well as endospores), various species of Salmonella and many others.
SF-Sanifog is a simple to use, and valuable asset for an efficient and effective biosecurity program. It can be used separately or in conjunction with the SaniChick system for the treatment of various areas in several industries such as poultry houses premises, transport trucks, staff dressing rooms, office blocks, egg boxes, packing houses, storage facilities, containers, meat production lines, cold stores, hospital and clinic premisses, mines sites, animal shelters, and many more.
The SF-Sanifog Disinfectant Aerosol Fogger is a ready-to-use dilution of the highly effective disinfectant, BacAtac, in a pressurised can.
Once triggered, the can will empty, producing a very fine aerosol mist that can be used to disinfect any closed area of approximately from (150ml) ± 50m³ – (400ml) ±150m³ per aerosol canister.
SF-Sanifog Disinfectant Aerosol Fogger can be used in closed areas such as, but not limited to: The inside of empty trucks transporting foodstuff or animals such as day-old chicks; closed rooms in hatcheries; food processing areas; laboratories; incubators; setters; walk-in cool rooms; animal rearing facilities; (in combination with a full BacAtac continual disinfection program) abattoirs; veterinary consulting rooms; veterinary kennels; operating theatres and many more.
Directions for Use
- Shake container before use.
- Remove humans, animals and food from space to be treated.
- Flammable – Switch off all electronics and extinguish all flames before use.
- Protect food utensils and packaging materials from direct exposure (cover with paper/plastic sheet).
- Pre-clean dirty surfaces with an appropriate detergent, rinse and dry. The efficacy of disinfectant will be compromised if surfaces are soiled.
- Place the canister on a solid surface in the centre of the area to be treated, or evenly distribute canisters if more than one is required, open cupboards, close all windows and doors, seal any openings. SF-Sanifog Disinfectant Aerosol Fogger can be placed on a raised surface if the area is higher than 4m.
- Activate the SF-Sanifog Disinfectant Aerosol Fogger and leave the area immediately.
- Allow (15) ﬁfteen to (30) thirty minutes for the aerosol to disperse and settle before re-entry.
- Re-introduce animals/produce/plants only after fumes have cleared.
- One canister will disinfect from (150ml) ±50m³ – (400ml) ±150m³ from fungi, viruses and bacteria, including spores.
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES – “SOP”
Scope and Objective
SOP for controlling pathogens on areas and surfaces of Hospitals, Clinics, shopping centre’s, common areas, retail stores, restaurants, oﬃces, theatres, Automated Teller Machines (ATM’s), Educational institutions (Colleges, Schools & Universities), Governmental buildings, Hotel rooms, Residentia accommodation, public transport, etc.
Surface and area disinfection of commercial or residential equipment and rooms by wiping with chemicals is a time-consuming procedure, and its eﬃcacy and validation are very intricate. Modern systems allow the overcoming of several critical aspects of ordinary cleaning in both method and confirmation. The novel systems process mainly depends on the formulation (the chemical), the temperature, the humidity, the dimension of the target area and material to be decontaminated, etc. It is essential to consider all of those factors when developing a tailored and robust protocol to be applied in an eﬀective area decontamination process.
This SOP covers the proper and simpliﬁed process of area decontamination composed of SF SaniFog canister.
Patented formulation – DDAC – Didecyl Dimethyl Ammonium Chloride. A formulation containing 0.88 %
SF SaniFog broad-spectrum disinfectant, for area decontamination of Virus, fungus and bacteria’s to be atomised by two methods depending on the required application. Via the total release spray nozzle or the controlled depression nozzle, producing droplets of ≤5 microns. This allows for prolonged ﬂotation penetrating all areas and adherence to surfaces
- Remove all unprotected personnel, animals, from space to be treated.
- Adhere to PPE where necessary.
- The application should be done late evening or when possible, when personnel and clients are not present, or in an area where it can be closed oﬀ to allow for the droplet ﬂoatation and time to settle
For the application of the total release, select a designated area closest to the middle of the application zone. Close windows and any other open doors or ventilators which may draw the fog out of the required zone. Selection of the area would be beneﬁcial to be at least one meter from equipment and/or anything blocking the droplets from ﬂoating into space. Depress the nozzle until it clicks into place, set the canister in the designated area, exit the zone and close it up for a period between (15) ﬁfteen to (30) thirty minutes, this will allow for the droplets to settle and decontaminate the zone, and dry out. This period is greatly determined by the climatic conditions of the zone. The warmer the area, the faster the droplets will settle and dry out.
- For directional and controlled application, lift the total release nozzle and insert the directional spray nozzle. Close windows and any other open doors or ventilators may draw the fog out of the required zone. Aim the spray direction away from yourself into the required application direction, with the canister at least four hundred millimetres from any surface. This minimises wetting and will help the droplet spread to obtain full coverage. Note: the direction of the droplet could change due to air conditioning and fans, and thus it would be advisable to move with the conditions always having the wind blowing away from you, thus moving the fog through the targeted areas.
- The facility manager is responsible for ensuring that all technical staﬀ performing the decontamination applications are appropriately trained and following the procedures and the correct PPE requirements.
- It is the responsibility of the technical personnel appointed to conduct the area decontamination procedures to read, understand, and follow the procedures outlined in this document.
Health and Safety:
Do not fog on an open ﬂame or another ignition source. Although the toxicity is extremely low, try not to breathe the fog fumes. Wash hands and face after handling.
Avoid skin and eye contact with product and fumes. Wear respiratory protection (Mask) if entering the treated area before the fog has settled.
If swallowed (Liquid): Call a doctor if you feel unwell. If prolonged contact on skin: Wash with water. If prolonged Inhalation: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. Call a doctor if feeling unwell. If skin irritation occurs, consult a doctor/ physician. If in eyes: Rinse thoroughly with water for several minutes. If present and possible to do, remove contact lenses. Continue rinsing. Call a doctor if the liquid is in the eyes.
Thoroughly read the complete manufacturers’ instructions and follow all “Cautions” and “Warnings” before using any equipment or solutions.
Find the cubic volume of space to be decontaminated, measuring the area (length x, width x, height x).
Remove all personnel, animals, produce and food from space to be treated and cover equipment and materials that are not compatible with moisture as a precaution.
Turn the machine on and start the contamination at the furthest point of the space. Hold the SF SaniFog canister directing the ﬂow of fog aiming into the target areas, do not get closer than one meter to any solid objects to avoid wetting and obtain the best ﬂow for coverage. Move away from the spray to exit the area.